Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Buddy passes

Author Topic: Buddy passes
chasmo
Junior Poster
Member # 65

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chasmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have buddy passes been authorized yet ?
If so how do you obtain them ?I can't find any info on Jetnet.
Thanks,
Charlie

XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha Charlie [and those interested].

I sent this message to Corporate Communications July 28th

Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 1:14 PM
To: Comm, Corp
Subject: New Pass Policy

Aloha and good morning,

My name is Benay Zabel-Smith and I am a TWA Retiree. 1966-1998.

Since we received the letter dated Jan 14, 2014 from Elise Eberwein-Executive Vice Presiden-People and Communications regarding the changes in our pass classification and boarding priority we have heard nothing as to when this is to take effect. In Ms. Eberwein's letter she stated that "Mid-2014" the new boarding priority would take effect and that we, TWA retiree's would no longer be TWR's and no longer be 2nd to last to board. Ms. Eberwein also stated we would be D2R's and even receive some D1 vacation passes. We also will be afforded D3 Buddy passes. None of what her letter stated changed except free coach travel for us [thankfully].

We also watched Doug Parker's town hall meetings [April] and it appeared this would be changing as promised Mid-2014. Now we are at Mid-2014 and quite anxious to see these changes be effective we hear nothing. We watch Jetwire for any tidbit of news to these changes but nothing.

As you can imagine we are very anxious for these changes to become effective [those of us who non-rev] soon. The purpose of my letter is to have some word as to when this is going to happen. We certainly appreciate any favorable news.

Thanking you in advance,

Benay Zabel-Smith

This is the reply I received....

Quote....

Hi Benay, we expect to make some type of announcement before the end of August, but it's too early to pinpoint timing beyond that.

Thanks for your patience.

End quote.....

It appears to me, they are not in much of a hurry to finalize this. Our new pass classification and buddy passes. Lets keep our fingers crossed that all this will take place soon.

Aloha, Benay
[Cool]

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
chasmo
Junior Poster
Member # 65

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chasmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Benay
My Grandson who lives in Maui was trying to get to PIT. looks like he will have to buy a ticket.
Thanks,
Charlie

CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not seen an official paper yet stating when this will begin, however, have heard thru the grapevine that it will be effective Aug 20th.
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CPRIC:
Have not seen an official paper yet stating when this will begin, however, have heard thru the grapevine that it will be effective Aug 20th.

The person in Corporate who responded to my message just last week must know less that your "Grapevine" source [doesn't surprise me] as the answer to me was "Hi Benay, we expect to make some type of announcement before the end of August, but it's too early to pinpoint timing beyond that.

Thanks for your patience.

Sure hope your "grapevine" is correct....it's about time we will no longer be 2nd class TWR's. Being D2R's with D1 vacation passes and buddy passes like all retiree's [AA/US].

[Cool]

XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

quote:
Originally posted by CPRIC:

Just read this on Jetnet.....Quote

Non-Rev Travel Changes Coming in September

You won't have to wait much longer for the next phase of non-rev travel. In mid-September, we will be moving to the new boarding priority, time of check-in and Dual Access. While we originally planned to implement these changes at the end of August, we're moving that timeline out a couple of weeks to get through the busy Labor Day holiday weekend and ensure that your travel is as smooth as possible. Full details will be available in this Thursday's Arrivals, with much more information on what to expect. Unquote...

Guess we will get the full "scoop" Thursday.....hopefully
[Big Grin]

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full details will be available in this Thursday's "Arrivals"

Benay (or whoever might know),

Who or what is "ARRIVALS"? Can we access it via JETNET?

Thanks,

Dick

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received the following, in response to my question which is shown below:

Yes in Jetnet:

Sign in

On homepage, located directly below Doug Parker's photo, click on "INTEGRATION INFORMATION"

Next page will show option for ARRIVALS NEWSLETTERS.

...and the following is a brief history of "ARRIVALS" as shown on JETNET.

Note: Still nothing new posted here as of 10am 8/21

ARRIVALS - Weekly merger newsletters (PDFs)
Past issues of Arrivals can be seen below. Arrivals originated as a newsletter for US Airways team members and its first four issues (dated February 20, February 27, March 6 and March 13) were only distributed internally, so they may be new to you. In the spirit of our merger at the new American Airlines, Arrivals is now a joint weekly merger newsletter available to team members of both companies

quote:
Originally posted by Dick Nicklas:
Full details will be available in this Thursday's "Arrivals"

Benay (or whoever might know),

Who or what is "ARRIVALS"? Can we access it via JETNET?

Thanks,

Dick

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing has been posted yet. I have been checking also for the news. Yes, you can access it thru Jetnet.

Arrivals is a newsletter that was originally for US employees. It is now integrated for both airline employees and it is published weekly.

[ 08-21-2014, 10:14: Message edited by: CPRIC ]

CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

The announcement that was due to come out today has been delayed.

Thursday, August 21, 2014
Non-Rev Travel Changes Coming in September (Update)

(Updated Sept. 21, 2014)

The next phase of non-rev travel changes will occur mid-September, when we'll move to the new time of check-in boarding priority and providing access to each other's non-rev travel systems. We know we said we'd have more details about these changes to share this week, but we're still putting the finishing touches on the plans - we'll share the information very soon, though.

In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, make sure your contact information, marital status, birth date and gender information for you and your eligible dependents are updated in your travel system.

Thanks for your patience, more to come soon...

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory