Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » TWA Seniors Club Website

Author Topic: TWA Seniors Club Website
fdobcy
Post Captain
Member # 3039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fdobcy   Email fdobcy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello From France !

TWA Seniors Club website my last update as webmaster ! Click Here Au revoir marc

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc,

Merci beaucoup pour votre grande amour de TWA.

Au revoir,

Randy Kramer

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc,

Moi aussi.

Votre ami,
Paul

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Randy:
I did not know you were linguist. but Marc, gracias, merci and danka for all that you have done not only to the Seniors but to Tarpa, We owe you a lot but your love of TWA, like ours, will be probably enough. Marc, never forget that a "good TARPATINI" is like a warm hug from, someone that loves you. I am first in line to say "I love you". You reflect on all that was good with TWA and what made us the best airline in the world. You ask people about what airline they miss, almost all say, TWA. We must have done something right. God bless you!

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Dedman:
You reflect on all that was good with TWA and what made us the best airline in the world. You ask people about what airline they miss, almost all say, TWA. We must have done something right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, while biding time in a familiar waiting room, something wonderful happened to completely change boredom into an enjoyable few moments.

An unknown lady in the room happened to ask the receptionist about a license plate observed in the parking lot. { EX TWA } Without determining the owner, the two ladies became engaged in conversation concerning their favorite airline.

Over the past 10 or 12 years, although that lady behind the desk was always polite and professional, she didn’t often break into a large smile. However, as she related her very first flight as a little girl from Ireland on TWA, it was like watching a different person...For the next few minutes, their happy conversation would have been an unbelievable commercial for our airline.

nyc6035
Post Captain
Member # 423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyc6035     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on an ex-TW MD80 from LAS-LAX last month. I took my place in the aisle bulkhead F seat right side...it really was like being home again as a passenger. The only thing missing was a certain captain greeting us upon arrival at LAX.

Many a day and night was spent on that plane (or one of the 102 others like it) plying my way through STL somewhere around this country. Little did I know the 1MM miles and lifetime Platinum status I earned in that seat wasn't about my lifetime but that of the organization that put together the finest collection of service professionals and aviators ever amassed. It's a shame the party came to an end so soon - but it sure was fun while it lasted.

It was good to be home again -- if even for a short 42 minute flight.

Thanks for years of safe and happy trails.

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have not seen "Saving Mr. Banks" with Ema Thompson and Tom Hanks, please check it out. I counted at least four or five scenes with TWA logos in the background...some scenes were at LAX back in the early 60's.

I also watched another "oldie" and there was TWA shown as the airline, ticket counter etc. We were the "Hollywood" airline and evidently we are still being used in newer films.

Bob

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a real treat.....

....watch the old movie...A SUNDAY IN NEW YORK.

Bob

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory