Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » It's official !!!!

Author Topic: It's official !!!!
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Effective today, Sept 10 we TWA Retirees are now D2R's. NO MORE TWR!!!!!!

Check your profile in Jetnet and it has all changed. It shows we now D2R and we have an allotment of vacation passes, D1 as well.

There also is a drop down to add our "guests" [buddy passes]. Not sure how that works but hopefully some information will be coming.

Aloha and happy non-reving!

[ 09-10-2014, 01:44: Message edited by: XHNLEIC ]

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, if we only find some open seats....sigh!
Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked at the TRAVELER INFORMATION section on JETNET and it looks to me like we former TWRs are now eligible for A-9s. I don't think this has been mentioned in the recent updates.(see following)

When to Use A9 Emergency Travel Pass
You may use an A9 emergency pass for travel due to a life-threatening illness, life-threatening injury or death of YOUR (the employee or retiree's) relatives as listed below:
Employee;
spouse or company-recognized DP;
children or step-children (both dependent and non-dependent);
sister, step-sister or sister-in-law;
brother, step-brother or brother-in-law;
father, step-father, or father-in-law;
mother, step-mother, or mother-in-law;
grandparents, step-grandparents, grandparents-in-law or step grandparents-in-law;
grandchildren or step-grandchildren; or
RC

Booking A9 Emergency Travel Pass
You may upgrade to first or business class, if available, at the departure gate.
You may call 1-888-WE-FLY-AA (1-888-933-5922) for emergency travel assistance.

Hope I read this right, it could be a wonderful privilege.

[ 09-11-2014, 13:35: Message edited by: Dick Nicklas ]

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Effective yesterday, all former TWA retirees are eligible for A9 emergency passes as well as D1 and D3 buddy passes.

A9 emergency passes are positive space both ways. Unfortunately I have used them and it really helps. AA will book you round trip. Once you get to your destination and you need to change your return trip, just call them and they will rebook you.

[ 09-11-2014, 18:56: Message edited by: CPRIC ]

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please allow me to join in the celebration of the new pass regulations for our TWA retirees. May each of you find great pleasure in your future air travel.

During the past nineteen (19) years of retirement, there have only been, I believe, five (5) occasions which found me still onboard a TWA plane, or any other airliner, which left the ramp and actually became airborne. Only one of those was for “personal travel” to join some of our members of this board in a celebration in memory of the closing of one of our STL Ambassador Clubs.

Three of the other four flights as a “non-rev” were travel at company request for company business and travel plans were arranged by TWA.

So-------I guess what I’m trying to say is ----although each and every flight was another most enjoyable experience, thanks to our TWA employees, no one will have to worry about checking in behind this old guy. It’s all yours.

signed:
A “Spoiled for life retiree”
Randy Kramer
[Big Grin]

CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy, it would be an honor to be standing behind you.
Glasspilot
Post Captain
Member # 390

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Glasspilot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Kramer,

Hey, when you're lucky enough to live in Southern CA, why go anywhere else? [Cool]

Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by extwacaptain:
So-------I guess what I’m trying to say is ----although each and every flight was another most enjoyable experience, thanks to our TWA employees, no one will have to worry about checking in behind this old guy. It’s all yours.

signed:
A “Spoiled for life retiree”
Randy Kramer
[Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Glasspilot:
Captain Kramer,

Hey, when you're lucky enough to live in Southern CA, why go anywhere else? [Cool]

Haha. Here's another slightly less old guy who nobody will have to worry about standing behind either, who lives in Southern Carolina rather than Southern California, as my good friend Capt. Kramer does, although this one lived in Southern CA for more than 20 years.

However, he joins Capt. Kramer in congratulating you all on this "new" benefit and hopes you all enjoy it.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory