Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Dap

Author Topic: Dap
DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody get their password from Greater West Financial?

[ 10-04-2014, 06:56: Message edited by: DC9 ]

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No pin yet. I tried to log on by manually creating a user id and password and selecting security questions but I got locked out for too many failed tries to log on.

I'll try again Monday.

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Letter said pins would be mailed out on Sept 29th. Keep looking for the mail.

AND keep your eye on the Money!

Also, check out the New Retiree Medical Premiums from AA. Big hit for those over 65 if you use AA medical.

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talked to Great West this am.They said I just have to wait for the password to come in the mail.They can not give you one over the phone.
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received my PIN for Great West today Oct 6, 2014.

Envelope dated Oct 1, 2014 Denver, CO

Letter dated: Sept 29, 2014

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and I got my new PIN today too and was delighted that it was only four letters.

That was short lived however as the new one has to be at least 15 characters and 3 of them have to be in Sanskrit. They said we shouldn't write it down so I will have it tattooed on wrist along with the other 10 P/Ws that I can't remember.

And unlike our JETNET P/W we only have to change this one every six months.

Nick

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More good news! I just got my new Key Talk P/W and it only has to be 4 characters. I'd use the last four of my telephone number like I use for everything else but I can't remember where I wrote it down. I'll think of something. Maybe.

[ 10-06-2014, 15:01: Message edited by: Dick Nicklas ]

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Great west website not nearly as good as Fidelities
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is no one but me ticked off at GW's relationship with Quicken? We've gone from daily Direct Connect account updates at Fidelity to monthly Web Connect manual downloads at GW.

A month ago I wrote the following to Marty Zygmund:

Folks,

I have a serious concern about the transition from Fidelity to GW. At Fidelity, and using Quicken Deluxe 2013, I use a Quicken feature called "Direct Connect" to log directly into Fidelity Net Benefits and download daily 401k activity and balances directly into my Quicken TWA DAP account with one click of the mouse. At the same time Quicken downloads transaction and balances from all my credit cards, 529 accounts, bank savings accounts, etc.

I fear that GW does NOT support this feature but only allows downloading a Quicken.qfx file which then has to be manually imported into Quicken. I quote GW's FAQs: "If you would like to download your account activity to either Quicken or Microsoft Money, simply choose the "Transaction History" option under the "Account History" tile. On this screen, select either "Quicken QFX" or "Microsoft Money QIF." Then, select your date range and press the "Download" button.
***GWFS Equities, Inc. is not affiliated with Quicken or Microsoft Money."

Apparently GW is not aware that Microsoft has not sold or supported Money for nearly a decade which shows you where GW is with respect to information technology.

{Here I included a graph that I cannot replicate in this post which provided the differences between Express Web Connect, Direct Connect and Web Connect}

As you can see from the above GW must provide either Express Web Connect or Direct Connect to enable automatic downloading of transactions and Web Connect, which GW apparently supports, is the least desirable method of updating Quicken accounts.

I am really upset about this, and having to download and import a file daily would be a severe PITA so I hope you are able to require GW to move into the 21st century for our DAP before the transition.

Thank you,
Paul Wood
TWA Captain, Ret.

Marty replied, "Paul, Great-West is aware of this glitch and is working on a correction."

That was a month ago and nothing has changed.

Additionally we've lost YTD info as GW apparently knows nothing about performance before 10/02/2014.

I'm not impressed and I'm not happy, my friends.

Paul

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add a little fuel to the fire. With Fidelity I had a representative that I contacted when having questions concerning my finances. This person was assigned to my accounted and was familiar with my situation. I felt that he was personally interested in the success of my investment strategy. On a number of occasions he contacted me---not trying to sell any program but just to touch base. I talked with GW yesterday and they advised me that they do not have a similar program. When calling in I will talk with the rep that happens to answer. Big deal? Probably not but I enjoyed that personal feel.

Dave Carr

[ 10-09-2014, 07:35: Message edited by: dave carr ]

Hank Marlow
Junior Poster
Member # 440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hank Marlow   Email Hank Marlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what its worth, I rolled over my AA 401k and my TWA DAP to Vanguard over a year ago. You can do your own homework on this but I think you will find that Vanguard has the lowest fees of any major financial house and a broad spectrum of funds (their specialty is index funds). They do offer the Quicken download function and if you have 1 million plus in your account, they'll assign you a rep to hold your hand.
Hank

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

I've heard from other folks who transferred to Vanguard. With over 1 million in assets I would qualify for Vanguard's Flagship Service with no-fee access to an assigned Flagship representative. I suppose I've been kicked out of Fidelity's Premium Service although I haven't heard yet.

Just a cursory glance at the Vanguard site reveals that VTINX, Vanguard Target Retirement Income Fund, might be a great substitute for the Stable Value Fund.

This is certainly worth investigating!

Paul

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

I noticed that Vanguard "will automatically calculate the RMD amount each year for your tax-deferred IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement accounts held at Vanguard. Once enrolled, you can view your RMD service online. In addition to calculating your RMD amount, Vanguard's RMD Distribution Service, a free service, allows you to set up your RMD to be automatically distributed each year."

I find no mention of any RMD service at GW and I cannot find a search function on the GW website at all.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory