Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Capt. Gaylord Vasconcellos Flies West

Author Topic: Capt. Gaylord Vasconcellos Flies West
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - Gaylord Keith Vasconcellos, 82, was called to his Heavenly Home on January 31, 2015. Keith was the son of Arnold and Marie (nee Oswald) Vasconcellos.

He was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. He received his Naval Aviator Wings of Gold in 1953, and he served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve from 1953 - 1965. He was a captain at the time of his discharge.

Keith earned an A.A. in law enforcement, an A.A. in real estate, Bachelor of Professional Aeronautics, Bachelor of Laws, and Juris Doctorate. He worked as a pilot for Pacific Airlines, World Airways and Air America. He had a long career as a commercial pilot with TWA, a career he described as "a world of everything I ever wanted." Captain Vasconcellos retired from TWA in 1991. He was a member of the Wings Club, Order of Daedalians, and the QBs.

Rest in Peace, Captain Vasconcellos

Charlie Jennings
Post Captain
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Jennings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Guy. Sorry to hear of his Flight West. Had many great trips with him out of San Fran.
Rest in peace Keith.

Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie, I agree Keith was a wonderful guy to work for. I even remember his hair transplants. Again a great guy. Roger Moore

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory