Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Pass Riding

Author Topic: Pass Riding
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had any experience with the new pass class we have and if so, could you share the good and bad with us? Many thanks. [Smile]
CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used the new pass policy and haven't had any problems. Just list for the flight I intend to fly and 24 hours before departure check myself online. Print my priority card and the next day go to the airport, show my priority card and ID to TSA. Once at the gate wait for my name to be called in. Its very easy once you have done it. In fact next Sunday, March 1st I will be flying to SJU via MIA and will be travelling as a D1. Have also traveled as a D2R and have encountered no problems. Of course, its more difficult during peak travel periods, i.e. Xmas, Spring break, etc. but overall it has been easy. I have also flown US using my D2R and everything has been smooth. Safe travels and enjoy it. Any questions, PM me.....Sam
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far we have traveled HNL-PHX-LAS on USAIR....F/C HNL-PHX [no need the small leg]. For USAIR you purchase coupons to go First ahead of time. Sorry my husband did it so I am not sure how but instructions are all in Jetnet.

We returned to HNL from LAS-LAX and again the HNL leg we came First. Used our D1 with absolutely no problems....actually we did not even need it as flight was open.

It is wonderful as we are no longer 2nd class citizens on the bottom and treated well.

As said of course depends on where & when you travel....peak times can be difficult for pass riding. Just takes a little watching flight loads and steer clear of popular destinations.

Enjoy, it's a whole lot better than it has been!

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the reply's and the good news. Will try it later this year to possibly go to CA.
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Dedman:
Thank you all for the reply's and the good news. Will try it later this year to possibly go to CA.

Bob
To travel to Peru over the past few months I've used the d1, the d2r and also an emergency a9 pass. I have also traveled to CA and used USAirways. Our new system and boarding priority work wonderfully.

If you ever have an emergency, check by phone with weflyaa and they will without any problem issue an a9 positive space pass to your destination and then return you to the starting point on another positive a9. They make the reservation and give you a seat assignment. Don't know exactly how it works if the flight is over booked.

As TWA retirees we are so fortunate to have these changes. You planning on any future trips to Peru? I'm going down on March 3 and will be there a couple weeks. Spent most of Oct-Dec in Lima. Love it there.

Dave Carr

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave: would love a joint union in Peru with a granja azul chicken roast and down to the beach for a ceviche and a Crystal cold one. Glad to hear about it working cause our last trip was rather lousy. Lan chile was the carrier but good aircraft and service but going on a tour seating sucked. Need to move north to the cockpit not south to the lavs. Saludos amigos
martinduane
Junior Poster
Member # 1882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martinduane   Email martinduane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re emergency pass 9 on AA what is the procedure to list for FC I already have my res &PNR..thanks
Posts: 19 | From: CLE -10 Years at YIP rest in CLE  |  IP: Logged
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by martinduane:
Re emergency pass 9 on AA what is the procedure to list for FC I already have my res &PNR..thanks

When you get to the gate the agent is supposed to move you to first class or business if there is space. If I remember correctly when you look at the pax list for the flight on jetnet you will see your name on the upgrade list. We did make contact with the gate agent to make sure that we were on the list for first/business class upgrade. We were and they did move us to business. There is also no charge for the upgrade.
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget riding on a pass when DFW dumps. Wife had to come home on Southwest AUS to STL yesterday. If we had depended on AA she would not have gotten home for at least 3 days.
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Dedman:
Dave: would love a joint union in Peru with a granja azul chicken roast and down to the beach for a ceviche and a Crystal cold one. Glad to hear about it working cause our last trip was rather lousy. Lan chile was the carrier but good aircraft and service but going on a tour seating sucked. Need to move north to the cockpit not south to the lavs. Saludos amigos

CA Dedman,

I sent you some photos of the TWA Star of Switzerland Connie via personal email. Hope you recieved them.

Bob

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory