Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » New Probe ..Air France

Author Topic: New Probe ..Air France
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/26/us-airfrance-cameroon-idUSKBN0OB1G320150526

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No Comment

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to fly. Next week I fly on my first 777 [AF] out of YYZ to CDG for a WWII tour. But I got to tell ya, even though I love to fly, with all the crashes and incidence, I'm a little more "concerned" than I normally would be.

But if the pilots eat the fish, I'll be there to save the day. I mean, all I have to do is monitor the a/c and not really fly it.

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sitting here in Caen, France. Made it across the pond from Toronto to Paris on AF351. It was on-time, good service and good food.

As we crossed the English Channel, I could see a large contrail beyond the wing. But the wing was blocking the view of the a/c but I could tell it was moving towards us. Eventually the plane came into view and it was a Delta/NW 747 and passed right behind us at 1000 feet. Loved it. Been waiting for years to catch something like that. I did take a picture but the window had frost particles on it and the camera would only focus on that.

Maybe next year.

[ 06-05-2015, 14:30: Message edited by: Subsonic Transport ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory