Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » TWA Overload at STL 1998

Author Topic: TWA Overload at STL 1998
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a 727 CA then. Went on to fly CA on the 757 and 767 at TWA and AA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyeAiQTTFPE

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oraIUTQEYPA

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

I just couldn't resist. My FA wife and I along with fellow pilot Denny McAlee and his FA wife started the Ozark reunions in 1991.We sponsored them by ourselves for five years before we turned it over to the Silver Swallows retiree group. We had as many as 1,000 attendees in the early days. They still are held each year. But as a terminal group...attendance now runs around 400 persons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA7g1oXYrqE

[ 08-12-2015, 20:25: Message edited by: Bob Ritchie ]

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've looked at various videos of TWA. These are the two best that I've ever seen. They are nise.
smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great memories....I even saw my wife in the Ozark video(one of the Ozark F/A's, at the time Bonnie Billman). Thanks Bob!
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you guys see me SLICK that 727 on?? WOW!!!

Seriously, on my final trip on TWA, a five-dayer in May 1997, knowing that I was scheduled for two eye lens replacements (cataracts) and probably would not return, I landed a 727 at STL on the second day and the only way you would have known that we were on the ground was the landing gear lever lock engaging.

I said to the F/O that that was my retirement landing and it was his airplane for the next three days. Was he thrilled!

It made up for the fact that I never got to put my spouse on the ACM seat on my final trip or had the fire department arch of water, etc...

I retired on December 1, 1997 1 1/2 years early. What a wonderful career and airline!!!

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Paul,

Stories about your perfect landings are still being told by your fellow crew members.

After much thought, the engineers finally figured out how to determine the actual time "On" by subtracting 6 or 7 seconds from coming out of reverse thrust [Big Grin]

You're supposed to share that skill with the rest of us. [Smile]

[ 08-16-2015, 14:20: Message edited by: extwacaptain ]

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy, I love ya! [Big Grin]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory