Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » If It Ain't Easy.....

Author Topic: If It Ain't Easy.....
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been said that: “If it ain’t easy, you’re not doing it right.”

Should that be a true statement, this Labor Day holiday allows each of us the perfect opportunity to say: “Thank you” to those responsible for spoiling those of us lucky enough to have been airline pilots.

To all of our loyal TWA passengers on this message board, fellow crew-members, and ground employees,
my appreciation for allowing me to be a part of our “unforgettable” airline.

Because you “did it right” you made it easy for us.

Happy Labor Day.

Randy Kramer

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Capt. Randy,

May I "echo" your gracious sentiments? All of "those" who did make it easy for us are remembered almost on a daily basis by Donna and I.

Why can't it be like the "good ol' days?

We always enjoy the TCM films when TWA was "Hollywood's Airline".

Enjoy your Labor Day

Bob

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the real credit....

...goes to the blood, sweat, tears and even death of the early Labor Leaders and their members who fought and died that "working people" might have a decent return on their labor, reasonable safety, a bit of security in old age and.....a holiday of their own.

Airline passengers paid our bills. Sure. But they would have flown anyway if we were paid 1/4 our salaries, flown to the max and never had a day's vacation.

Everyone of us are beneficiaries of the ALPA and those tough old guys who often sacrificed their careers to make our lives better.

Let's honor LABOR on LABOR DAY.

Bob...Proud Retired LABORER

[ 09-06-2015, 07:43: Message edited by: Bob Ritchie ]

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although all of us do not mention our past “ALPA activity” on this message board as often as some others, it is very possible that our slogan; “Schedule With Safety” had many, many contributors decades prior to the airline employment of some of our posters.....

The inclusion of the words of appreciation to:”fellow crew members” should be considered an expression of gratitude to those who gave of their time for the improvement of their profession.

There are times when a little thought goes into some of my postings and it was believed that due to my having served (for a short period of time in a small domicile) on both the Safety and Schedule committee), any special union recognition would only be construed as “Patting One’s Self On The Back.”

With that in mind.
Again, Thanks to all ....... Happy Labor Day!

Randy Kramer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Captain Willcutts,
You have an old Private Message of Appreciation on Smilin’ Jack’s, in addition to an email message which appears to be undeliverable to your currently shown email address.
My sincere appreciation, sir.

Randy

[ 10-06-2015, 19:00: Message edited by: extwacaptain ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory