Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Capt Vic Hollaway flys west

Author Topic: Capt Vic Hollaway flys west
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw on the seniors site that Vic Hollaway passed away. Do not know what the particulars are. Vic was a great guy and helped us when we moved to STL in 1986. Roger Moore
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vic was one of the funniest guys I ever met. Always kept us in stitches. I found him living in Pass Christian when we moved nearby in 2009. I spoke with him and emailed him a few times always trying to get together and meet. He explained that he no longer wanted associate with anyone from TWA but would try to meet with me when we visited Pass Christian. I recall he suffered severe burns in an accident while we were down there and then we lost contact. He and his family suffered greatly along with others in Katrina, the "eye" of which went through Pass Christian almost wiping it off the map. The coast there was a mess. Mississippi recovered from Katrina quickly and Mississippi was able to account for all the FEMA funds etc. where as New Orleans is still suffering, complaining and squandering the money.

May he rest in Peace.

Bob

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spoke with him and emailed him a few times always trying to get together and meet. He explained that he no longer wanted associate with anyone from TWA but would try to meet with me when we visited Pass Christian.

We retirees are all different. Some like Vic... want nothing to do with the airline or anyone associated with it.

I once waited at the gate to greet a retiring OZA CA completing his final flight. He stepped off the airplane...grunted a hello to me...ripped off his hat and uniform jacket stuffing them, wings, emblems and all in the nearest trash can. He strolled out of he terminal without another word.

Some guys never let go and show up in their old uniform at every opportunity. Most of us are somewhere in the middle.

Grateful that you had happy experiences with Vic when he was an active pilot.

Blue Skies and tailwinds always.

Bob Ritchie

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory