Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Capt. Wes Ament flys west

Author Topic: Capt. Wes Ament flys west
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw SFO Capt Wes Ament has passed away. Wes was a premier Pitts pilot when I knew him 30 plus years ago. An a true gentleman. Roger Moore
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flew as F/O for Wes on many L-1011 flights. Great guy to fly with and a fine Captain. On night flights he got out his binoculars and pointed out star formations and constellations. With those 1011 picture windows this was a real treat. Sorry to hear of his passing.
Charlie Jennings
Post Captain
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Jennings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have great memories of Wes and flew with him many times out of SanFran. He also enjoyed a good layover!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory