Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » QUIZ !

Author Topic: QUIZ !
fdobcy
Post Captain
Member # 3039

Icon 10 posted      Profile for fdobcy   Email fdobcy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] QUIZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

TWA was the first U.S airline to offer flights across the Atlantic using twin-engine A/C (Boeing 767s), thus introducing ETOPS, or extended-range twin-engine OPS, from Boston to Paris.

Q.. What was the flight number ?

A. TW890 TW700 TW810

Q. When ?

A. Feb2/1984 Feb1/1985 Feb3/1986

Q. ETOPS rule ?

A. 60min - 120min - 180min

Q. Flt time btwn BOS-CDG ?

A. 6h20 - 6h25 - 6h32

Q. Cockpit crew ?

Q. Cabin crew ?

Have a good one ! marc [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

H. B. Pratt
Junior Poster
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H. B. Pratt   Email H. B. Pratt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc: Flight 810, Feb. 1, 1983, ETOPS rule 60 min, flight time 6:32, crew Capt. Walt. Grayum, Capt. Bill Sonnemonn and Capt. Norm Fausett, Cabin crew ????.
H. B. Pratt
Junior Poster
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H. B. Pratt   Email H. B. Pratt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The A/C was N602TW.
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CA Pratt,

I was thinking of you only last week. Hadn't heard from you in a long time. Glad to see you post here. Looks like you may have won the prize!!

Been a long time since I visited your office every month for my monitoring program. Nearly 30 years now! Life is good. Trust that all is well with you.

Bob Ritchie

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
fdobcy
Post Captain
Member # 3039

Icon 10 posted      Profile for fdobcy   Email fdobcy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning from France !
RE Quiz !!!! Bravo to Buck !
TW810 A/C N602TW , Feb2/1985, Rule 60min, Flt time 6H32
For the first flt TW810 N602TW feb 01/1985 the 60 minutes rule required use of enroute alternates in Greenland and Northern Canada then 75min, 120min approved by FAA. (now 180min AF B777 use 207min Lax to Tahiti)

TWA was a pioneer in twin-engine jet operations over North-Atlantic what is nowadays the majority of the NAT traffic.

Here is the flight crew:
Captain William Sonnemann
Captain Norman Fausett
Captain Walter Grayum

FSM Mike Vastine
Purser Bruce Miller
F/A Ann O’Donnell
F/A Laura O’Dwyer-Garceau
F/A Tammy Pierro
F/A Donna Shockley

See all info Skyliner Feb 1985

Best rgds marc

H. B. Pratt
Junior Poster
Member # 2241

Capt. Ritchie
All is well here and thanks for asking. As to 30 years ago events............I had the easy part. It was you carrying the heavy load. Congratulations on a job "Well Done".

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went looking for N602TW and see that it has been scrapped. But it appears that there are still a few of TW's -200's still flying.

I did see one of them in MIA last year.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory