Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » TWA 800 memorial

Author Topic: TWA 800 memorial
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I drove to Long Island to visit the Memorial on the 20th anniversary. I had seen many photos of the site but nothing can compare to seeing and being there. The site is beautifully maintained by donations and grants. This year was special and the ceremony was beautiful and very well attended including the 3 Fire Departments hoisting 3 very large American flags to drive under. Several speakers gave short and meaningful speeches including the real promoter and Director John Seaman. All the names of the deceased were read and at night time, a flower was given out so that you could walk to the beach and throw it in the ocean. Beautiful full moon night.
If you are ever in the area I would certainly highly recommend you go by, pay your respects and admire what volunteers and unknowns did for 800's memory. God Bless their souls. Rest in Peace.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory