Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » TWA Blog

Author Topic: TWA Blog
smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jack,

I tried to register on your bulletin board, but I got an error about the email function not currently enabled for the bulletin board. My main reason for getting on it would be to pass along some information to your readers. I am a retired TW employee (worked in IT) and now volunteer at the TWA History Museum, in Kansas City. I am also a writer and editor of the museum's blog, which we started about a month ago. The blog contains detailed articles about exhibits and items in the museum. There are currently two articles on it with a third due out shortly. The second article is about the pilot training simulator boards that used to be housed at TW's old training center in downtown Kansas City. They are now on permanent exhibit at the museum. I think many of the members on your bulletin board might recognize them. We add an article about one every three weeks. I was hoping to have the opportunity to give your readers updates about the blog, whenever we release a new article. If you could fix the bug that is preventing me from registering, I'd appreciate that. If you are no longer accepting new members to your bulletin board, perhaps we can make an arrangement where I can inform you when a new article is published on the blog and you can post it on your bulletin board. In either case, I'd like to invite you to take a look at the blog and see what you think. The link for the blog is found on the home page of the TWA History Museum at
http://www.twamuseumat10richardsroad.org/. The link is about halfway down the page (right under the picture of TWA's founders) and is identified as the TWA Museum Guides Blog. I hope you enjoy it.

Wayne Hammer

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To All:

I have posted link on the TWA Retired Pilots Association Website for the TWA Museum Guides Blog.

I think you will find this Blog quite interesting.

You may thank Wayne Hammer (TWA Retired IT) who is a volunteer at the TWA Museum.

smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jack and Bob,

I wanted to let you know that the newest article on the TWA Museum Guides Blog is now online. This one highlights the museum's Lockheed Constellation flight simulator, on of our more popular exhibits. In the article, we take a ride from MKC to MCI and also provide some info about the simulator itself and how it was developed and built. I think your readers will enjoy this one. There also are photos of two of our guides who are members of the TWA Retired Pilots Association. I'm sure some of your readers will recognize them. Thanks.

Wayne Hammer

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Wayne,

Progress continues..I grew up with those "visual"
simulator boards that were used for the final approaches in the sim. Some were vertical and some were horizontal...fun to watch the cameras during the approaches.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory