Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » "SULLY"

Author Topic: "SULLY"
Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't believe that I am the first one to comment on this movie. My wife and I saw it this past weekend and in a word we found it gripping.

From the minute they hit the birds I felt as if I was actually in the cockpit,flying the airplane and making the decisions.

If the story had been based on fiction it still would have been emotionally involving, the fact that it was actually happening made it doubly so. Tom Hanks couldn't have been better.

Go see it.

Nick

Posts: 166 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree. Eastwood knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat and I think the casting was great.
smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie!
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the movie and as an update Sully made sure they used false names for the NTSB members in the movie because they were helpful not combative in real life. Roger Moore
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would appear that Clint Eastwood has done for the movie industry what Captain Sully has done for the airline industry. Captain Sully and his crew made us all look good!
ernieh
Post Captain
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ernieh   Email ernieh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Nicklas:

If the story had been based on fiction it still would have been emotionally involving, the fact that it was actually happening made it doubly so. Tom Hanks couldn't have been better.

Go see it.

Nick

The flying was great and extremely accurate, but the accident investigation process was totally bogus.

Still a good movie.

[ 09-28-2016, 18:22: Message edited by: ernieh ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory