Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » TWA Blog....

Author Topic: TWA Blog....
smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jack,

I'm pleased to let you know that our fifth article in the TWA Museum Guides Blog is now online. This article is about the Wings of Pride, the MD-83 airplane that TWA flew from 1994 to 2001. I'm sure many on your bulletin board recall seeing the bright red airplane and perhaps some may have even flown it. It currently resides at our museum and our article profiles the airplane, its history and its role at the museum. This article is part one of what will be a two-part article. The second part (due out in late November) will tell the story of the aircraft's current owners, how they acquired the aircraft after American retired it in 2014 and how it was transformed back into the Wings of Pride.

As a reminder, the blog is linked to the TWA Museum website at . There are links in the middle of the page and on the left margin. We also now have a mailing list that anyone can join, if they wish to be informed directly when a new article goes online. Information about that can be found on the blog's home page. Thanks,

Wayne Hammer
http://www.twamuseumat10richardsroad.org/

smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jack,

I'm pleased to let you and your readers know that The TWA Museum Guides Blog has released its newest article: STANDING PROUD - PART 2. This is the second and concluding part of our story about the great Wings of Pride MD-83 aircraft. In it, we'll tell how our partners at TriStar History and Preservation purchased the airplane after it was retired by American Airlines and then brought it back to life as the Wings of Pride. You'll meet several of the people involved in this amazing transformation and see how it progressed from an idea to the plane's eventual arrival at our museum. We think everyone will really enjoy it.

As a reminder, the blog can be accessed through our museum's website at web page . The link is located in the middle of the home page, next to the pictures of our founders. As always, we welcome any comments from your readers. A "contact us" link is found at the end of the article.

Thanks,
Wayne Hammer

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This TWA Museum Blog is very interesting reading as are the photos. Wayne is doing a great job.

I highly recommend a visit to his "Blog".

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory