Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Ex Presidential Candidate's Pilots

Author Topic: Ex Presidential Candidate's Pilots
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching all the TV pictures of airplanes, either parked on a ramp or otherwise seen in the background photos, as the present group of political candidates tour our Nation, informing us of their wonderful plans for our future.....reminds me of an American Airlines pilot for whom I had/have the greatest admiration and respect. This fella was a couple of years older, kinda good looking (The girls often referred to him as “A poor girls Tyrone Power”) and at the time was one of American’s instructor/training pilots.

The time of this story was during the months leading up to the election of John F. Kennedy as our President. At the end of this flying assignment,(as pilot on the JFK Campaign Charter Aircraft), the pilot had to“go find a tuxedo” for himself and a new evening gown for his wife, Doris (an ex-American F/A), prior to attending President Kennedy’s invitation to the Inaugural Ball.

Yep! You guessed it. That was my big brother, Richard....(I knew he was one hell of a fine pilot, but being able to dance, TOO??) WOW!!

Miss ya, Dick.....R.I.P.

[ 10-29-2016, 18:14: Message edited by: extwacaptain ]

smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At one time I flew this lady around when she ran for VP of the USA....it was fun!

-

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And......you didn't put her on the jumpseat! [Smile]

[ 11-01-2016, 10:27: Message edited by: Bob Ritchie ]

Posts: 1943 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smilinjack:
[QB] At one time I flew this lady around when she ran for VP of the USA....it was fun!

Given the long history of her behavior toward people like her Arkansas Highway Department security detail, officers in the Pentagon, members of her Secret Service detail and other various underlings, you think it would be as much fun flying the current lady candidate around?
Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd volunteer and be proud to do so.
Posts: 171 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Capn Eddie Ricketyback:
quote:
Originally posted by smilinjack:
[QB] At one time I flew this lady around when she ran for VP of the USA....it was fun!

Given the long history of her behavior toward people like her Arkansas Highway Department security detail, officers in the Pentagon, members of her Secret Service detail and other various underlings, you think it would be as much fun flying the current lady candidate around?
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Somehow, I don't think so. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to worry....the crew of Air Force One always treats the President with the utmost respect.
Posts: 1943 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Well.... My mistake. It was my understanding that Captn Eddie Ricketyback’s question asked: “you think it would be as much fun flying the current lady candidate around?” The last time I checked, fun and pride had slightly different meanings .. and counting the chickens before they’re hatched by mentioning Air Force One seems to “drift slightly” from the original topic of this thread.

Captain Jack, that picture of you and the lovely Geraldine Farraro “captured the perfect combination of it all”. The obvious Pride, Respect and Fun you enjoyed and shared during those campaign flights and contributed to this topic are appreciated.

It is obvious that the Ferraro campaign chose the Perfect Captain for the Job.
(And, I just bet that Lady was a delight to be around.)

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
".. and counting the chickens before they’re hatched by mentioning Air Force One seems to “drift slightly” from the original topic of this thread."

Fine with me Bob. You can drift from the thread and count those chickens any time you care to as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck Tuesday,

Nick

Posts: 171 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory