Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » A Tribute To A Pilot by our New President

Author Topic: A Tribute To A Pilot by our New President
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/trump-pays-tribute-personal-pilot-long-valley-man-killed-car-crash

If this pilot were still with us, it is my belief that he would be flying (in the cockpit) of Air Force One for the next four years.

Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Impressive wartime record, too. What a pity after such a life to have it snuffed out at a relatively young age in a '61 'Vette. From the report of the accident it looks like he wasn't wearing his seat belt, and for some reason the driver of the other car was uninjured. One never knows when you get up in the morning if it will be your last.

Reminds me of the old saying, "One of two things will eventually happen to all Pilots. You'll walk out to your airplane one day knowing it's your last flight or you'll walk out to your airplane NOT knowing it's your last flight"

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory