Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Please wake, me when it's OVER!

Author Topic: Please wake, me when it's OVER!
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This election is starting to remind me of a few airline pilots we’ve all encountered in the past.....After a nice dinner, one of the “big spenders” would occasionally suggest “flipping for the bill” or the tip, or maybe the cab ride back to the hotel. (It kinda added to the GREAT excitement of an airline layover.) However.....once in awhile, we’d meet someone, who after loosing the “flip”, SMILED and suggested: “Let’s make it Two Out Of Three”.

Oh, Well, win some...lose some....Politicians come and go.
Good friends remain good friends forever.

Wishes for a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Randy Kramer

Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy I know who you are talking about. He was a LAX based Captain and was notorious for doing what you elaborated on but also was known to pick up the tip money from the table as all were leaving. Roger Moore
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my knowledge I never encountered the Captain or Captains in question, but although I've fallen for some schemes in my life that I should have seen from a mile away, I don't believe I've ever fallen for that one. Who did that Captain think he was, a politician?

And Randy, you may have to snooze longer than you think. The Electoral College meeting on Dec. 19th is not the end of it. After the Electoral College votes, its votes have to be certified. The law requires this to be done by both houses of Congress, starting at 1 p.m. on January 6th.

As soon as the president of the Senate — Vice President Joe Biden — announces the electoral vote result, he is required to immediately call for objections.

It only takes objections by one member of the House and one of the Senate to force a vote by each house on the issue. Each member gets five minutes to speak; both houses have to agree to disqualify an elector.

So, let's see, 100 members of the Senate and 435 House members? You do the math. It ain't hard to see how this could become a long and rowdy kerfuffle. Who knows, possibly even entertaining!

The above scenario is highly unlikely (at lease it would be during saner times) but possible.

Sleep well!

[ 12-31-2016, 09:38: Message edited by: Capn Eddie Ricketyback ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory