Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Locating TWA 819 crew from 9/11/01

Author Topic: Locating TWA 819 crew from 9/11/01
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Begin forwarded message:

To: Dusty West Sherwood
Subject: Locating TWA 819 crew from 9/11/01

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Locating TWA 819 crew from 9/11/01

Date: February 16, 2017 at 5:10:01 AM

I have been tasked with a project that will need your assistance. I’m trying to track down the flight crew for TWA 819 on 9/11/01. The crew diverted into Gander following the closing of US airspace.

This project is in support of the musical “ Come from Away “, based on the events of 9/11 and all of the flights that diverted into Gander. I am trying to locate all American Airlines ( AA, TWA and USAirways crews ) that were there. The production company is attempting to bring all of the crews to New York during the musical’s run on Broadway for a special event. American is sponsoring the event, but they haven’t seemed able to track down the information.

Thus far, I have made contact with all of the legacy American crews using the Sabre system. Unfortunately, the events of 9/11 was prior to the integration of the TWA flight ops system into the DECS system. I’m having the same difficulty finding the USAirways crews as well.

Any help, leads or information you could share with me would be very helpful. I have been able to track down the two FO’s, Malone and Glazier, but have had no success in locating the Captain.

I eagerly await your response.

Warmest Regards,

Doug Hancock
Family Awareness Chairman – Allied Pilots Association
704-737-6330

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory