Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » DL 717 departs out of LAX

Author Topic: DL 717 departs out of LAX
Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of the best pictures I've seen of the B717. This use to be N413TW. Nice shot.

EDIT: Link removal.

[ 03-03-2017, 15:50: Message edited by: Subsonic Transport ]

ss278
Post Captain
Member # 244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ss278   Email ss278   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Links not working, for me at least.
Posts: 201 | From: Salt Lake City, Utah USA  |  IP: Logged
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither link works for me.

Bob

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cannot get anything.
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, would you settle for an old you tube picture of a DC-9 with the Los Angeles Dodgers on board parked at Gate 34 in LA? (Actually, you can't see the players, but they're in there.) [Big Grin]
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see that there are as yet no accessible images of aircraft in this thread, so
I suppose I'll have to leap into the breach with this offering. This was the sole
aircraft flown by Dogpatch Airlines, of which Yr. Obt. Svt. was the CEO, Chief
(and only) Pilot, Head (and only) Mechanic, Flight Attendant, Ticket Agent
and etc., etc.

I call this picture "DOGPATCH AIRLINES SPAD S.XIII DEPARTING DOGPATCH"
 -

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's a first. Don't know why they aren't working. Such a good photo too. I'll dig around and see if I can post it another way.

Try the link in the next post.

[ 03-01-2017, 08:54: Message edited by: Subsonic Transport ]

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/5/9/5/4229595.jpg?v=v46473bee103
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Subsonic Transport:
http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/5/9/5/4229595.jpg?v=v46473bee103

You're right, Dan, an excellent picture. Educational too, at least for me, as until now I was unaware that the MD-95 had been fitted with Rolls-Royce engines and renamed the B-717. Seems an eon ago when I first started flying the DC-9 Super 80!
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan,

Your first link is invalid. It has two (http://) at the beginning of the link.

It works if you delete the first http://

B-717 link from Bob

This brings you to a position SW of Buffalo/Niagra Airport or West of Cheektogwa, NY. Not sure what this is...perhaps the location of the B717.

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

The original link containing the aerial view was related to a building that is thought to be either New City Car Co. or a "secondary" building within the complex from the early 1900's. This company specialized in manufacturing and cleaning rail cars carrying poultry. This was the oldest building currently still in place. Everything else has been demolished and built over.

Sorry for the extraordinary screw ups with this. It is likely a combination of getting old and Windows 10.

[ 03-03-2017, 15:54: Message edited by: Subsonic Transport ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory