Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Tom Irwin & Wendal Rowen Fly West

Author Topic: Tom Irwin & Wendal Rowen Fly West
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been off site for 2months due to ransom ware hack, Both Wendal and Tom passed away last week and both were great guys and will be missed. Cancer got Wendal and Brain Anurism got Tom.
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. As is the way of the world, more and more of our colleagues are passing on, as regrettable as that may be. I don't remember either of those chaps. Perhaps it would be helpful if anyone posting this info would include links to their obits, or at least the state in which they lived so we can do it ourselves.

As for the ransomware hack, I've taken various precautions against that, which may or may not work. I don't know how yours was resolved, but I'll be damned if I'll pay any of those criminals to get my computer back if such should happen. I keep extensive backups, and before I'll let myself be extorted I'll buy a new hard drive and restore my computer to that one. Any excuse to buy a newer, bigger, better and faster hard drive!

EDIT: A search turned up Irwin's, but couldn't find Rowen's:
Tom Irwin

[ 04-18-2017, 11:47: Message edited by: Capn Eddie Ricketyback ]

Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both Tom and Wendell were former F8 Crusader pilots, Tom in the USN and Wendell in the USMC. Tom retired as the VP for Flight Opns and Wendell was Chief Pilot for STL. Tom lived in South Carolina and Wendell lived in MKC.
Rocky Dollarhide
Post Captain
Member # 546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky Dollarhide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try: Wendell Rone Kansas City, MO
Hank Marlow
Junior Poster
Member # 440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hank Marlow   Email Hank Marlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wendell Rone.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory