Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Who's 707 is that in the background?

Author Topic: Who's 707 is that in the background?
Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The logo on the tail looks familiar but I don't remember it. Frankly, I don't remember where I took the photo from so I can't quote the source....yet.

-

PITbeast
Post Captain
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PITbeast   Email PITbeast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're looking at a BOAC (British Overseas Airways Corporation) 707. The logo is a stylized bird flying real fast.

When I was working in the Gulf and there was nothing better to do on the midnight shift but listen to the ATC frequency I heard the controllers use the call sign "Speedbird" followed by flight number, e.g. Speedbird 27. By then, BOAC had renamed itself as British Airways.

louburns
Post Captain
Member # 1923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for louburns   Email louburns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That BA, a 400 series meaning it had RR Conway engines.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory