Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Something Else from the Good Old Days

Author Topic: Something Else from the Good Old Days
PITbeast
Post Captain
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PITbeast   Email PITbeast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://themindcircle.com/when-airplane-food-was-first-class/

... and I can remember stewards on TWA pushing a cart down the aisle in First Class with a big ol' hunk of Chateaubriand. (I wonder what happened to all the leftovers?)

I first had smoked salmon on Ethiopian Airlines. That was probably the TWA influence.

Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good caption for any of those pictures is the one I saw on a cartoon some months ago (and which I can't find now) that said: "If flying is like this now just think what it will be like in 50 years!"

[ 06-26-2017, 06:23: Message edited by: Capn Eddie Ricketyback ]

Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when I did ground handling for CO in LGA, when the RON's came in, we'd crowd around R1 and the cleaning crew would sometimes pass out uneaten First Class meals. Then we'd all disappear for a few minutes and chow down a good dinner. Had some fine meals back then!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory