Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » American Airlines   » CR Smith Museum Online Store

Author Topic: CR Smith Museum Online Store
gambit3131
Post Captain
Member # 261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gambit3131   Author's Homepage   Email gambit3131   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can now buy AA stuff online at

CR Smith Museum Online Store

They even have some TWA stuff.

gambit

smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know that my ex-wife was an AA F/A. She did a lot of AA's commercials back in the early 70's. When the museum was in Tulsa, I used to take my crew over to it to show them a six foot poster of her.
I wonder if it made it to the CR Smith Museum.....

AACollector
Junior Poster
Member # 800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AACollector   Author's Homepage   Email AACollector   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CR Smith Museum Store Has a new TWA LLC B757-200 Gemini Jet 1:400 scale model being released next month. It will have the new transition livery (that the MD-80's have now) and will have the registration of the first TWA B757 to be converted (currently N708TW unless there are some major changes). This will be the first aircraft converted, but possibly not the first to get in the air due to a P&W engine problem.

The entire release of this Gemini Jet will be sold only through the CR Smith Museun Store. The special box for this Gemini Jet is going to be amazing. I will post again as I get more details on this.

They also have a Dragon Wings Limited Edition Corporate TWA LLC MD-83 model coming next month. Like the Gemini Jet it will be available only through the Museum Store. The Dragon will be limited to only 1,000 pieces and will have a special stand with the TWA LLC logo. Both will have a special corporate box.

They will begin taking pre-orders for these models any day now. I will let you know when this happens.

I have added a picture of the prototype of each. The Museum is located directly south of the AA Flight Academy in Ft. Worth, TX or you can check out their website .

Smilinjack-----Give me a little more info on the 6ft. poster and I will try to find out if it is still in the Kent Collection at the CR Smith Museum. Also feel free to move this posting as you see fit. Thanks. AACollector.

gambit3131
Post Captain
Member # 261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gambit3131   Author's Homepage   Email gambit3131   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AACollector:

They will begin taking pre-orders for these models any day now. I will let you know when this happens.

You can now preorder these models. They are limited edition (1000 pieces).

gambit

AACollector
Junior Poster
Member # 800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AACollector   Author's Homepage   Email AACollector   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks gambit3131. You beat me to it. Both the Gemini Jet B757 and the Dragon Wings MD-83 in TWA LLC Livery are available for pre-order now. There has been two announcements in the AA Jetwire e-mail and there was an announcement on the Home Page of the AA intrAAnet today. They will not last long with all the publicity they are receiving. I would encourage any TWA LLC employees who may be interested to move fast. There are more announcements scheduled for next week as well.
smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I will have to order my 757 today…..thanks for the info….

AACollector...

About my ex…..it was a standup cardboard poster of two F/A’s saying something about flying the American Way with a 747 in the background. The blonde was my ex.

robw
Post Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hurry and order. I ran into folks at KCI that will buy up hundreds of these types of planes, wait a while and then sell on e-bay. Gemini usually makes 2.5K of any plane, so if the collector/trader folks get wind of this they will try to order as many as possible.

Rob

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: robw ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory