Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » American Airlines   » extended family travel benefits?

Author Topic: extended family travel benefits?
jim nemeth
Post Captain
Member # 933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim nemeth   Email jim nemeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if anyone knows much about the extended family program. To my surprise people link was not much help in this area. I wanted to know if the travel charges are the same as for immediate family or if they are expensive, more like an ID 90. Also if the ticket must originate in the U.S. as my Father in law lives out of the country. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
keezy44
Junior Poster
Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keezy44         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EF travel has same rules as old D3 rules. They cover close family members like grandchildren and grandparents and parents. Brothers and sisters, brother and sisters in law, etc. D3 rates apply which means around $80.00 each way coast to coast. They must list for the flight 8 days in advance for supposed security reasons right now. You can find all the rules in Res since we just had to use EF passes for a family emergency. My brother in law didn't qualify for an A9 pass but qualified for EF.
deiter
Post Captain
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deiter         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim,

From what I know of the EF plan family members are charged at the former D-3 rate. This does not include parents. They are charged the D-2 rate. I do not believe that the travel must origionate within the US. To find the rates go into RES and after signing in use this entry:

WR(Departure City)(Arrival City)-AA

WRDFWORD-AA for example

Hope this helps
Good luck

Tyler

jim nemeth
Post Captain
Member # 933

Icon 14 posted      Profile for jim nemeth   Email jim nemeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks so much to the two of you. The info really helped.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory