Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » American Airlines   » THE END

Author Topic: THE END
TWAAlmostGone
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Effectively, today is the last day that TWA will exist in any form.

Tomorrow, most ex-TWA employees will be off to other careers. All FA's will be furloughed. The mechanics have been broken up and spread out. The pilots are 70% (due to furlough or retirement) gone or soon to be.

Finally, lets let it end.
Have some dignity in death please.

Thank you.

IP: Logged
Retired AA Stew
Junior Poster
Member # 2401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired AA Stew         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comments like those are why we all seem to hate each other. Have a little empathy for them and be glad you are still around. Just because the vocal ones on message boards are all we hear it does not mean all TWA people are bad. Imagine if it was happening to the "nAAtives" as they like to call us.

Hoping things finally turn around sometime soon...

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Radicals who make posts like this do not belong on SJ's board.
I worked as a non-flying TWA employee for 30 years before I retired. The crew members I knew, Flight Deck and Cabin,were my friends, and they performed their duties in an exemplary manner.
To now read some of the self important rantings of those who were not even around back in the early days of this business makes me sick.
Even if you can forget the screwing of the people involved by the mega-AA and it's union minions, let's give some homage to fellow airman/women who flew the same skies as you.

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWAAlmostGone another hostile AAer. S/he won't even let TWAers leave in dignity. Has to be hostile even towards the dead. Not a good sign. I have been fortunate to run in to a lot of very nice AA people. I'd bet even AAers do not want him/her around.
Retired AA Stew
Junior Poster
Member # 2401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired AA Stew         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
L1011Ret-

Amen! We have found something to agree on after all. He/She does not represent AA, just a trouble maker fueling the fire!

LATREAL
Post Captain
Member # 918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LATREAL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TWAAlmostGone:
Effectively, today is the last day that TWA will exist in any form.

Tomorrow, most ex-TWA employees will be off to other careers. All FA's will be furloughed. The mechanics have been broken up and spread out. The pilots are 70% (due to furlough or retirement) gone or soon to be.

Finally, lets let it end.
Have some dignity in death please.

Thank you.

That was very uncalled for and did nothing to help "letting it end". Not to worry though as soon as Jack sees it you're outta here. See ya! [Wink]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory