Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » American Airlines   » BA Might Scoop Up 2nd Ranked AA (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: BA Might Scoop Up 2nd Ranked AA
love to fly
Junior Poster
Member # 2477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for love to fly         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dragin It in ?

Does that mean coming in low at tree top level, in a flat approach atitude ?

Just curious ?

Thx,

Chirpsy,

I believe that the above, as well as numerous others you have posted, qualifies as a "third grade comment". Keep it up the mean spirited posts and soon no one will hope that you get to come back!

chrispy
Post Captain
Member # 2242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
??????

Why the bad rap, I'm gonna be a loyal employee on my return.

Take note of the spelling, it's CHRISPY...and you spout how my comments are 3rd grade..lol. I learned spelling in 2nd.

love to fly
Junior Poster
Member # 2477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for love to fly         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Chirpsy, but there you go again. Just cannot help yourself, talk about childish. You may be a "loyal employee" if you get back, but you still need to work on your attitude towards others.
love to fly
Junior Poster
Member # 2477

Sorry again, Chrispy. I will try to get it right next time. BTW, I believe it was you who brought up the whole "3rd grade" thing. Talk to you soon!
Insp4
Junior Poster
Member # 811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insp4         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy! And here I thought the ex-TWA mechanics were the only one's bitter!!!!
NTM
Junior Poster
Member # 2506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NTM   Email NTM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If and when everybody gets back, it is going to be a lot of fun !!!!!
Can't wait...A lot of great moments in the cockpit..
I want to fly with Chrispy so you can explain to me how I (being a 2001 AA hire) scabbed the job of a 15 year TWA Capt. If you keep it at a 3rd grade level, I can keep up with you...

Later.

[ 02-26-2004, 14:30: Message edited by: NTM ]

TWA Fan 1
Post Captain
Member # 1926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TWA Fan 1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Airlines...the official carrier of negative karma.
IanW
twa
Member # 2186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IanW   Email IanW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I read the posts on this site it makes me real sad a lot of the time... I worked for TW in Intl. for 31 years until the last bankuptcy and then for LLC unitl my part of the integration was over... I was "retired" by LLC and AA under the 50/55 rule and in 8 weeks qualify as an AA retiree for travel benefits... I had a great time with TW but it died.... AA secured the travel benefits I would have lost if they had not bought TWA.. I understand the bitterness of the technical and cabin crews who lost out in the AA asset purchase, but I also know TW employees who are alive and well working under the AA regime.
Is it not time that we just faced up to the fact that TWA is gone and AA is here and that is the reality.... we can all haul the ashes but it's not going to change anything...

TWA Fan 1
Post Captain
Member # 1926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TWA Fan 1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IanW:

Your position assumes that without AA, the fate of TWA would have been worse. Short of a complete and total liquidation, I think in fact it's hard to imagine a worse scenario than what has occured under AA.

Even Pan Am and PeopleExpress, which were liquidated, had significant assets purchased by other airlines and the employees were integrated without any of the divisive, outrageous measures insisted upon by AA's unions, with the complicit agreement of AMR management.

Delta's JFK operation is still largely staffed by ex-Pan Am employees, as are many of Delta's European stations. Continental's Newark hub is a direct outgrowth of the PeopleExpress operation.

For TWA, on the other hand, there is not a single f/a and only a few hundred pilots left working in the entire system, out of about 20,000 employees who worked at the airline when it was acquired by AA.

Yes, TWA is gone, in part because of its long history of troubled finances, and in part because most of the remaining parts of the airline were then dismantled by AA.

And while it is certainly clear that AA's own financial problems played a major role in the jettisoning of so many TWA employees and assets, the integration agreements were certain to devastate TWA LLC in any economic downturn.

The fact that retired TWA employees such as yourself still receive travel privileges on AA hardly compensates for any of the above actions carried out by AA and its unions.

[ 02-26-2004, 18:57: Message edited by: TWA Fan 1 ]

Insp4
Junior Poster
Member # 811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insp4         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWA Fan1---- Your post is so true, but way is it that the lowly mechanic is always forgotten? There are a few of us left in the system for now! For how long is another question! Our numbers are small, and getting smaller every day! With the "Downsizing" of our, no longer,"Hub" in STL, and the removal of the 737, perminant work, here at MCI, back to TUL, our fate is still in doubt! Could there be an consperecy afoot?------ I'm Sorry! That wasn't Funny!!!!!
TWA Fan 1
Post Captain
Member # 1926

Insp4,

You are absolutely right, my apologies for not mentioning TWA's outstanding mechanics who have long been widely recognized as among the finest in the industry and who were instrumental in leaving TWA with one of the finest mechanical safety records in the history of the airline industry.

Insp4
Junior Poster
Member # 811

Thank you Sir! I'm proud to say I've worked with the Best, for 30+ years! Signed: " Just enother one of A.A.'s redheaded stepchildren!" [Wink]
I Miss the Sperrys
Post Captain
Member # 2103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Miss the Sperrys   Email I Miss the Sperrys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TWA Fan 1:
Insp4,

You are absolutely right, my apologies for not mentioning TWA's outstanding mechanics who have long been widely recognized as among the finest in the industry and who were instrumental in leaving TWA with one of the finest mechanical safety records in the history of the airline industry.

Along the same lines, not many people ever bemoan the loss of so many former TWA agents. Agents are, after all, the most forgotten and least appreciated of any airline's employee group.
AHP
Post Captain
Member # 1710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AHP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chrispy:

AHP, thanks for AArogant anticdote, I'll look forward to flying with you.
Shame on you.

Sorry chrispy or whatever current nick you are using. I do not work for AA. When I see someone who is so eaten up and living within themselves not to see the forest for the trees, I sometimes comment. But to no avail. After reading this board I would say of all posters you really need professional help. Like I said earlier, life is much too short, it is time to start living it. Good luck.
TWA Fan 1
Post Captain
Member # 1926

quote:
Originally posted by I Miss the Sperrys:
Along the same lines, not many people ever bemoan the loss of so many former TWA agents. Agents are, after all, the most forgotten and least appreciated of any airline's employee group.

As I compare other airlines to the TWA experience I am amazed at how little emphasis is placed on the type of service that ought to be provided by all the employees who interact with passengers, chiefly agents and flight attendants.

TWA had it right and it was a pleasure to deal with such a great group.

chrispy
Post Captain
Member # 2242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHP,

You're not with AA anymore...I hope you didn't get fired for being mean to the TWA employees.

No reason to do that. You have all the assets we brought to the party...planes, routes, jobs and you guys are mean to us ??????? Even though it was promised to us as a fair and equitable integration...yes, it's in print, it's factual and undeniable that's what Con Carty testified to before Congress and the BK Courts, the Unions basically said "Haaa, we're going to screw them because we can" (Quote from APA Nego Committee).

As far as NTM's comments about needing an explanation about job scabbing. When AMR announces it is closing ORD as a crew base, laying off 1800 pilots, and letting Eagle or some other cheaper labor fly it's flights during current litigation over seniority-then you will know why the TWA pilots got scabbed out of their jobs. Name all the other Major Airlines that have had mergers, that currently have New Hires still on the property while 15-16 year Captains are unemployed. NTM, I know you asked me to keep it on a 3 grade level so you can keep up (your words, not mine)...but c'mon man. have you been in a cave for the last 3 years or is this your first airline job and you have no concept of seniority.

In 10 years when I get recalled, we'll have a great time flying together-you can ask me how being unemployed was while you still had a job flying TWA planes/TWA routes after the "fair and equitable" integration.

Two Great Airlines - One Great Future -For NTM. Enjoy it, at my expense.

AHP
Post Captain
Member # 1710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AHP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No chrispy, I am not an employee of AA. Very simple, there are those of us that do not work there now or in the past. Good luck with whatever life gives you.
chrispy
Post Captain
Member # 2242

AHP,

I take back everything, I say this because we have found common ground.

"there are those of us that do not work there now"

There are 22000 TWA employees out of the original 24000 that can make the same statement.

NTM
Junior Poster
Member # 2506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NTM   Email NTM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chrispy,

Get lost !!!
You are making a fool of yourself.

Good Luck with your anger.
Have a drink at Skooners for me...

Later. [Wink]

[ 04-30-2004, 20:24: Message edited by: NTM ]

donuway
Post Captain
Member # 803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donuway   Email donuway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda related to this threads title,,

It seems like AAs #1 title is at risk. I just read where Air France/KLM will now be the largest airline in the world.

Do these airlines really make money,,or are they heavily subsidized?

Don

Kenneth
Post Captain
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenneth   Author's Homepage   Email Kenneth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that the AirFrance/KLM combination will be #1 in revenues (around $19B vs $17B for AA) but that AA will still have the most passengers boarded/deplaned.

Ken [Big Grin]

TWA Fan 1
Post Captain
Member # 1926

Over the past 10 years AF has received over $5 billion in French government subsidies of one kind or another.

These range from outright cash infusions to special tax breaks to programs such as fired workers receiving their full salaries for 10 yrs paid for by the French government.

The current top salary for a B747 captain at AF, by the way, is over $350,000 at the current exchange rate.

Draginitin
Post Captain
Member # 2324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Draginitin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a furloughee myself now, my personal opinion is that a vast majority of us are never going to be offered a chance to return to flying with AA. With the US Air pilot group voting to surrender scope to management, I think Arpey has renewed incentive to set his sights on coming after the APA's scope on 100 seat jets. The F-100s will be gone with probably more a lot furloughs in September. I don't think it's beyond possibility that the senior APA guys will sell-out again in order to try and keep pensions where they are . . . . at least for a decent interval until AA will come back for them again. Actually the luckiest people were probably the first furloughees . . . . at least they hit a crummy job market while there wasn't 5000 airline pilots on the street. There'll be plenty of $35 an hour jobs with no retirement at AE and other commuters, though. I hope I'm wrong . . . but my gut check says I'm right.

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory